Baby Bottle Hazard Bisphenol-A
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
After seeing this story in so many reports, I decided to do a little research on my own. According to thegreenguide.com ( a National Geographic site), Bisphenol-A has come under increased scrutiny, given studies showing that the substance mimics the hormone estrogen, meaning that it can duplicate, block or exxagerate hormonal responses.

Recent research suggests that BPA's effects extend beyond the reproductive system. A growing number of scientists are concluding, from animal tests, that exposure to BPA in the womb raises the risk of certain cancers, hampers fertility and could contribute to childhood behavioral problems such as hyperactivity.

Now armed with this information, you decide. As for me, I have decided to discontinue my use of the Avent bottle which contains this chemical. I would rather be on the safe side when it comes to my baby. Now of course breastfeeding is always the best option (which I did for the first 5 months) but if you opt to bottle feed you want to make sure your baby is getting the very best!

Here at Sweetie Pie Baby Boutique, we are searching a brand to carry in our boutique for your convenience. If you know of any manufacturers of Bisphenol-A free baby bottles, please send an e-mail to cameo@sweetiepiebaby.com.
 
posted by Cameo at 7:13 PM | Permalink


0 Comments: